Uusi Jämsä karttaJämsä is a vital and developing city in the middle of Finland, on the shores of Lake Päijänne. Jämsä is a combination of beautiful nature, cosy living, and versatile recreational, occupational, and educational possibilities.

Besides Lake Päijänne, the Himos Holiday Resort, and our beautiful nature, Jämsä is known for its industrial activity. The UPM's Jämsä River Paper Mills and Patria Aviation’s aviation and composite industries have attracted multiple enterprises in the region. The downhill skiing centre of the Himos Holiday Resort is one of the most popular holiday centres in the country.

The surface of Jämsä is remarkably large. This area of 1,824 square kilometres offers plenty of possibilities. About 86 percent of the acreage is land and the rest 14 percent is inland waters. At the end of the year 2016, Jämsä had 21,219 residents.

The neighbouring municipalities of Jämsä are (in alphabetic order) Juupajoki, Jyväskylä, Keuruu, Kuhmoinen, Luhanka (water boundary), Mänttä-Vilppula, Petäjävesi, and Orivesi.

arrow roundTransport connections and distances to the biggest cities

You can find current information on the following pages in Finnish language:

Jaa artikkeli

Submit to FacebookSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn