Siirry sisältöön

The map of JämsäJämsä is a vital and developing town in the middle of Finland, on the shores of Lake Päijänne. Jämsä is a combination of beautiful nature, cosy living, and versatile recreational, occupational, and educational possibilities.

Besides Lake Päijänne, the Himos Holiday Resort, and our beautiful nature, Jämsä is known for its industrial activity. The UPM's Jämsä River Paper Mills and Patria Aviation’s aviation and composite industries have attracted multiple enterprises in the region. The downhill skiing centre of the Himos Holiday Resort is one of the most popular holiday centres in the country.

The territory of Jämsä is very large. It covers 1,824 square kilometres, offering multiple possibilities for housing, recreation, trade and industry. Around 86 % of the area is dry land, and the remaining 14 % is covered with fresh watersides. At the end of year 2018, Jämsä had 20 607 residents.

The neighbouring municipalities of Jämsä are (in alphabetic order) Juupajoki, Jyväskylä, Keuruu, Kuhmoinen, Luhanka (water boundary), Mänttä-Vilppula, Petäjävesi, and Orivesi.

See transport connections and distances to the biggest cities

Jaa artikkeli

Submit to FacebookSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn