The task for early childhood education and care is to advance the holistic growth, development and learning of a child, in close cooperation with the parents. Our early childhood education services offer a child a safe environment for learning and developing, always in consideration with the special features of the child. The early childhood education and care is an important part of the growth and learning path of a child, and it will create a good foundation for person’s lifetime learning abilities.
In Jämsä, the early childhood education and care services include pre-school education, nursery education in day care centres, in-home child care, special childcare centres for people who work non-standard hours, and municipal child care benefits.
Our areas of focus are positive pedagogy and supporting child’s social interaction and emotional skills. In our work, we exploit a special Papilio programme. Our service management software for early childhood education is called Daisy.
- Information on the Papilio service
- Instructions for parents of the usage of the Daisy Software (pdf in Finnish, with illustration)
Get acquainted with the curriculum in early childhood education and care of the City of Jämsä:
Illustration of the Early Childhood Education Curriculum (the steps are named in Finnish)
- Electronic application for the early child care or pre-school registration (requires suomi.fi registration)
- Direct link to announce the daycare hours for the child (Daisy Net)
- Information on the personal data treatment on Daisy (pdf in Finnish)
Early Childhood Education Director
Maija Jääskeläinen, tel. +358 40 507 9571
Address: Kelhänkatu 3, 42100 Jämsä
Service instruction (applications for day care)
District manager of ECE, Anne-Mari Jokinen, tel. +358 50 373 5294
District manager of ECE, Jaana Mäntynen, tel. +358 46 920 0784
Customer fees and billing