Jämsä offers excellent conditions for biking. There are good bicycle lanes, tour biking routes, and nice trails for mountain biking.
Biking and Hiking Route Maps
- Northern Biking Route Map (pdf)
Himos, Juokslahti, Vekkula, Jämsänkoski, Jämsä
- Southern Biking Route Map Himos/Jämsänniemi (pdf)
- Himos-Jämsä Tour Biking Route (www.outdoorsactive.com)
- Mountain Biking Trails of Isojärvi National Park (www.excursionmap.fi)
- National Excursion Map Service of the Forrestry Administration (www.excursionmap.fi)
In summer 2017, a pump track course was built in Jämsä, in the sport park of Maauimala.
Address: Lukkoilantie 13 A (access to the pump track from the main street).
This unique biking course brings extra value and variety to the sports activities for children and youth in Jämsä, but it offers great exercise for adult bikers as well. The track is very versatile, and besides MTB and BMX bikes, it is perfect for skateboarders, scooters, and roller-skaters as well.
Don’t forget to use a helmet!