In winter, at Jämsä you can skate and play ice hockey and other ice games in local ice halls, hockey rinks and outdoor skating rinks. All indoor skating rinks offer free public skating sessions. You can check the public skating sessions directly from the online calendar of the ice halls (in Finnish), or ask the timetable from our Tourist Information Office.
Jämsä Ice Hall / Jämsänjokilaakson Jäähalli Ltd
Address: Paununkatu 5, 42100 Jämsä
Skating session reservations:
Tel. +358 400 264 779
Jämsänkoski Ice Hall / Jämsänkosken Tekojäärata Ltd
Address: Metsäoppilaitoksentie, 42300 Jämsänkoski
Längelmäki Ice Hall / Längelmäki Halli
Address: Jykintie, 35400 Längelmäki
Outdoor Hockey and Skating Rinks
Outdoor Ice Rinks of Paunu
Address: Paununkatu 7, 42100 Jämsä
Tel. +358 400 640 128
The outdoor ice rinks are free public use.
However, on weekdays, during the schools’ PE skating lessons, they have the privilege to use the skating rinks. Hockey sticks are allowed only in the hockey rink, at the end of the ice rink.
Other Outdoor Hockey and Ice rinks
- Ice rink of Halli: Jannentie 3, Halli
- Ice rink of Koskenpää: Korpilahdentie 7, Koskenpää
- Ice rink of Kaipola: Kaipolan koulutie 3, Kaipola
- Ice rink of the Juokslahti School
- Ice rink of Lamminsuo: Mäkitie 2, Jämsä
- Ice rink of Mäntykallio: Koivutie 28, Jämsänkoski
- Ice rinks of village schools and playgrounds.
- Ice rink at Himos: in Western slope area, before HimosSportti
There are two special tracks for long distance ice skating on natural ice:
- Tour Skating Track in Kaipola, on Lake Pitkäjärvi 1,5 km
- Free track, weather permitting
- Maintenance Kaipolan-Olkkolan Village Society
- Patalahti Tour Skating Track of 4 km
- Track fees and equipment rental at HimosCenter Reception
- Open every day, weather permitting
- Additional information: himoslomat.fi
Recreation Area Supervisor, Tel. +358 400 607 842