The library is open for everyone free of gharge. The library staff will be happy to assist you on any additional information you request on the library services. We look forward to welcoming you to The Jämsä Library!
Tel.: +358 40 712 2503
Address: Kenraalintie 12, 42300 Jämsänkoski, Finland
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday 10-19, Fridays 10-17, Saturdays 10-14
summer opening hours changes
Kuorevesi, tel. 040 712 2497
Länkipohja, tel. 0400 393 813
Permanent residents can fill out a form for the library card.
The library card holder will be responsible for the lending rules:
- retuning the borrowed out material on time - there is a fee for a delay. The library card holder may lose his priviledges if the items are not returned and the late charges not paid for.
- the library card holder is responsible for all the items taken out with the card.
- if the library card is lost it must be reported
- You may reserve an item that is currently unavailable by paying 1 euro. You may extend the lending time by a phone or a computer if there is no other request for it.
The Library services for the residents include
- The mobile library touring the rural communities on a regular schedule
- The library will serve those residents at home who are unable to visit the facilities due to disabilities
- 28 days: books, language courses and sheets of music
- 14 days: magazines
- 7 days: video cassettes, DVDs
- Delayed return of the borrowed material: 0,20 per day
- The renewal of the library card: 3,00
- Reservation of the material: 1,00
- Damaged item: 1,00 - 8,00
- Lost item: the price of a replacement
- COPY machine - self service and computer PRINT out: blac&wite A4 0,50, A3 0,80, color A4 0,80, A3 1,00
- Inter-library loan: 3,00 - 20,00