The library of Jämsä is open for everyone free of gharge. The library staff will be happy to assist you on any additional information you request on the library services. We look forward to welcoming you to The Jämsä Library!
Address: Kenraalintie 12, 42300 Jämsänkoski
Information Desk: Tel. +358 40 712 2503
Monday - Thursday, Wednesday 10:00-19:00,
Thursdays, Fridays 10:00-17:00,
Self-service from Monday to Friday at 10:00-11:00.
In summer and on holidays the opening hours may change. See possible exceptions on Finnish pages.
Please notice that our library is not responsible for the opening hours announced by the Google.
Dogs are not allowed in our libraries, except for recognized assistance dogs on duty.
Kuorevesi Library, Lentoasemantie 1, 35600 Halli
Tel. +358 40 712 2497
Länkipohja Library, Kirjastotie 4, 35400 Länkipohja
Tel. +358 400 393 813
You can search, reserve, and order library items, renew your loan periods, and pay customer fees in our online service.
Use of the computer (PC) with Internet connection is free of charge. You may reserve the time for the computer by telephone or an e-mail. (See the contacts above). And of course, you are always welcome to visit us in person. The magazines and newspapers can also be read free of charge. However, borrowing materials requires a library card.
During the self service hours you may borrow and return items via self-service loan station, pick up reserved items, read newspapers and magazines, and use the public computers and wireless network. Please notice that printing and copying materials is not possible during the self service hours, neither is making payments. Nevertheless, you can pay your fees through our online service with your online bank identifiers.
Permanent residents can apply for the library card.
The library card holder will be responsible for keeping the lending rules:
- retuning the borrowed out material on time - there will be a fine for a delay. The library card holder may lose his/her priviledges if the items are not returned or if the charges for late return are not paid for.
- the library card holder is responsible for all items borrowed with the card.
- if the library card is lost it must be reported
- You may reserve an item that is currently unavailable by paying 1 euro.
- You may extend the lending time by phone or computer if there are no other requests for the item.
The Library services for the residents include
- A mobile library touring the rural communities on a regular schedule
- The library will serve those residents at home who are unable to visit the facilities due to disabilities
- 28 days: books, language courses, and sheets of music
- 14 days: magazines
- 7 days: video cassettes, DVDs
Charges (in euros)
- Delayed return of the borrowed material: 0,20 per day
- The renewal of the library card: 3,00
- Reservation of the material: 1,00
- Damaged item: 1,00 - 8,00
- Lost item: the price of a replacement
- COPY machine - self service and computer PRINT out: blac&wite A4 0,50, A3 0,80, color A4 0,80, A3 1,00
- Inter-library loan: 3,00 - 20,00